22027 17th Ave SE
Bothell, WA 98021

Get Directions

8:30am, 10:00am, 11:30am

Aid and Assistance


Who is qualified to get assistance?

Our CHCC Aid and Assistance Department has determined qualifications based on income and other various factors.  The applicant must also live within the CHCC geographic boundaries. We serve: Lynnwood, Bothell, Mill Creek and Kenmore and those with kids in the Northshore School district.  Boundaries do not apply to CHCC members or regular attendees. 

How do I apply for aid and assistance?

To apply for aid and assistance you can download an application or pick up an application at the reception desk located upstairs in the church building. Fill out the application and bring in photocopies of all the required documents

What are the required documents?

  • Photo ID
  • Bank Statements for the last two months
  • Rental agreement/mortgage paperwork
  • Pay stubs, unemployment, or any documents regarding aid being received
  • Any government assistance including for stamps, SSI, WIC, disability or other
  • The bill that you would like us to consider paying

What if I don’t have a bank statement?

CHCC requires that all applicants bring in bank statements and we are unable to assist those who don’t have one. All required documents must be with the application when it is turned in to the reception desk Monday through Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm and Friday from 8:30am – 12:00pm. 

After my application has been turned in what happens next?

Only applications that have all the required documents attached will be considered.  When we have received your completed application, you will receive a call from our Aid and Assistance Department within 24 hours to set up an appointment for the following Monday.  No one will be helped without an appointment.  If your application is not complete you will not receive a return call.

How long will the appointment last?

The appointment will last no more than an hour.  You will be asked to sign a waiver so we can talk to your landlord and utility companies. 

Will I get help the same day? 

No, the process can take between 3 – 7 days.  Once approved our checks are written on Thursday afternoon.  If you have a shut off notice a pledge can be made if approved. If you have a 3-day pay or vacate notice it will still take between 3 – 7 days.  This notice is not required to receive help.

What if I am homeless and need a hotel voucher?

We never give hotel vouchers.  We can give you a list of shelters in the area, but we do not offer any housing for our aid and assistant applicants.


Helpful links:

Aid and Assistance Application