March 14 Update:
WE WILL HAVE CHURCH ON SUNDAY! Well, kind of…
Hey Church, this weekend’s service will look a little different…watch it at your convenience by clicking RIGHT HERE.
March 11 Update from Pastor Steve:
Canyon Hills Family,
We wanted you to know that our pastors, elders, and key ministry leaders are fully aware of the Governor’s orders issued today. We are fully supportive of our state leadership in this matter and we believe that it is right and good for the people of God to cooperate and be good examples of 1 Timothy 2:1-4, which reminds us:
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
We take this biblical exhortation literally and seriously. We have a rare opportunity to lead the way for our community in example and in the hope that we have in our mighty and sovereign God. We are working on plans for our church going forward into this uncharted territory. We’re confident that God will show us how to increase the depth of our faithfulness to him, to each other as a church family, and to our community. We will be updating you with our specific ministry plans no later than early next week.
Right now we will not be resuming our regular Sunday worship schedule until further notice as ordered by our state officials.
Until then, here are 4 things I want all of us to be faithful to keep doing:
- Be thankful to God for his sovereign goodness and be faithful in your daily devotions. 1 Chronicles 16:4
- Pray for our earthly leaders that they would be wise and strong. Pray for our healthcare workers that they would stay healthy and compassionate to care for the many who are sick and scared. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- Continue to be faithful and generous in your tithes and offerings. Our financial obligations to our missionaries and ministries remain the same. 2 Corinthians 9:11-12
- Pray for opportunities to share the hope and peace that you have knowing that your soul is forever saved and that you know beyond any doubt that this life isn’t all there is. 1 Peter 3:15
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling…The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 46:1-8
Trusting in him,
March 06 Update from the Elders:
After much prayer, consideration and consultation from King and Snohomish County officials and amongst ourselves, we have decided to take proactive steps in helping our community to slow the continuing spread of the Corona Virus (COVID-19). All of the recommendations for a responsible community response, include the encouragement to avoid large gatherings. While we are not obligated to do so, the love of Christ compels us to do the right thing to help protect the health and safety of our Canyon Hills family, as well as our greater community at large. In partnership and cooperation with school district closures and major regional employers making sacrificial changes, we have agreed to do the following:
No Sunday worship services March 8 and 15. We will resume our regular worship services March 22. All church activities, classes, meetings, counseling appointments, Young at Heart, and the Food Bank will be cancelled for the next two weeks. All normal ministry activities will resume the week beginning Monday, March 23.
- We will leave it to the discretion of our Life Group Leaders/GO Trip Leaders and individuals to decide if they want to meet. We believe that with the proper precautions and common sense and courtesy, many small groups may feel comfortable gathering.
- The offices will be closed, and staff will be working from home.
- As usual, we will have a pastor on call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call the church phone number in case of an emergency. 425-488-4121
- We will continue to monitor the local progress in containing the virus and continue regular communication with you regarding any changes to our response.
- This is not a call to isolation. Please make every effort to stay in touch with each other, caring for and praying for one another.
- Don’t skip church. For the next two Sundays we want to encourage you to go on our website or app and look for a couple of services you may have had to recently miss, and watch them together with your family. Every service has wonderful worship, moving baptisms, and a message from God’s Word.
- Please remain faithful in your giving. Even during this two-week closure, our ministry expenses and our missionary obligations will remain the same. Although our Food Bank will officially be closed, we are arranging for our clients to come by and get their food without the formal program in place.
Finally – don’t miss this opportunity!
This is not out of fear or panic. By God’s sovereign grace he has allowed us to live, work, and worship, mere miles from the epicenter of the United States’ most serious outbreak of this virus. While we all do our part to slow the spread of the virus, don’t miss this unprecedented opportunity to love our neighbors and to serve our city in any way God should provide. Our mission is to make more and better disciples of Jesus. Use these weeks ahead by praying and looking for open doors and open hearts to share the hope that we have in Christ.
He is our peace in times like this:
Philippians 4:6-7 The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High God will abide in the shadow of the almighty. I will say to the Lord, my refuge and my fortress. My God in whom I trust.
Trusting in Him,
For more information on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, please visit:
- Washington State Department of Health. They have a good general Q and A section as well as an informational video on their website:https://www.doh.wa.gov/
- King County Health Disease Control website: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus/protection.aspx
The church offices will be closed until further notice.