WELCOME CHURCH to our main update page for all of our ministries during this season of social distancing and safety precautions. The family of believers at Canyon HIlls is pressing on and full of hope. We hope you’ll visit this page often just to find details about what’s going on, or to continue to keep in touch and connected, while separated physically. We are a community, depending on God and united in Christ. We hope you’ll find encouragement, while being aware of changes that we’re facing for unique time.
- Our offices remain closed.
- Our staff is all working remotely to see that the work of the church doesn’t skip a beat. If you have a question, or a need, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-488-4121 and leave a message. We are checking those calls and emails regularly.
- We are making worship and time in the Word available every Sunday morning for adults, youth, and children.
- You can find these video services here, our app, YouTube, or on Facebook by 7AM, Sunday mornings. For other services, see each ministry below.
EASTER SERVICE ONLINE APRIL 12
- Easter will be different this year! But we are excited to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior on that day! God’s Word will be proclaimed and we will focus on the sacrifice and triumph of His love for each of us, through Christ. There will be no specific service times as you can choose the time that works for your family to participate by watching our service online.
- HSM Inductive (April 17-19)- Cancelled and moved to Spring 2021
- HSM Bahamas Team (April 3-10)- Cancelled and looking for new dates if possible.
- Student/Kids Leader Celebration (May 1)- Cancelled and moved to Spring 2021
- HSM Ecuador Team (June 19-29)- Still going and currently meeting. Currently meets in a home, but will change to electronic if social restrictions become more strict.
- MSM Mexico Team (June 21-27)- Still going and currently meeting electronically.
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY
- We have a podcast of our current series, “Practices” for students to engage with and put spiritual disciplines into practice during this time. Available HERE through Apple Podcasts or watch the service on our website HERE.
- High School Life Group leaders will be doing their best to reach out to and hold life groups with their students electronically.
- Stay up to date with HSM through:
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY
- Will be putting out a weekly encouragement to middle school students and families that is available here (http://www.canyonhillsstudents.com/msmparents) through their email newsletter. Watch a weekly message HERE.
- Middle School Life Group leaders will be doing their best to reach out to and hold life groups with their students electronically.
- Stay up to date with MSM through
Young Adults | College | Young Professionals
- Young Adults services will be available to listen on podcast HERE or you can watch on our website HERE.
- Check our FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM accounts to stay in touch.
- Feel free to call (425-488-4121) or email email@example.com.
Seniors | Young at Heart
- Our Young at Heart Tuesday morning gathering is currently on hold, for the safety of our Senior Saints and others.
- We are trying to check up on all of you, but if you are not in a Life Group and have an immediate need, please don’t wait. Either call the church (425-488-4121) and leave a message, or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
CURRENT OPERATION AND PROCEDURES
- Canyon Hills Food Bank will resume on Tuesday March 24. If you have any questions about our Food Bank, please call 425-488-4121, or email email@example.com
- The food bank will be open every Tuesday, 11:30AM–1:30PM and 5:30–7:30PM. Check back here if for extended, or changed, hours.
- Food Bank will operate as a drive through. Each family will receive dairy, meat and a bag of groceries.
- To access the Food Bank on Tuesdays, please come to the back of Building 3. For your safety, and our volunteers. Food will be brought to your car and you will be responsible to load your car.
- For those who are elderly and disabled, home delivery is available by calling the church, 425-488-4121, and requesting delivery from the Food Bank.
- If you’d like to help the Food Bank you can give online: CLICK HERE, or you could donate food. Food is only received on Tuesdays, 11:30am-1:30pm and 5:30-7:30pm at the main building. Use the south entrance doors and look for Food Bank signs. CLICK HERE for a current list of our most needed food items.
Aid and Assistance
IF YOU NEED HELP
Fill out this online form and we will get in touch with you. CLICK HERE to fill out an application. If you have any questions about Aid and Assistance, please call 425-488-4121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Life Groups will be able to use the church as a meeting location through at least end of May.
- Any groups who used to meet at the church will need to begin meeting online together.
- Stay in touch with your Life Group, or join one if you haven’t yet taken that step to be connected,..
- Your Life Groups leaders will be in touch to set up an online connection for your group.
- Women’s April Retreat has been postponed until March 26-27, 2021
- Women’s Life Groups that meet at the church are now meeting online. Videos connected to the ongoing study are available to those registered members of the groups. Please contact your Life Group leader for more information.
- For Women’s Life Groups that meet in homes, please contact your Life Group leader for information about meeting.
- We anticipate new groups forming at the church and in homes in fall if circumstances permit. Check back to this website for information.
Classes | School of Discipleship
CANCELED OR POSTPONED
- The following courses have been postponed at this time. We will offer them again in the future and will provide you with additional information when we are able to begin planning for future events.
- Old Testament Survey
- Financial Peace University
- Starting Point
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- If you are currently in the midst of taking these courses, please check your email over the coming days for instructions on how the course will finish.
- Preparing for Marriage
- Marriage: A Portrait of God’s Grace
- Biblical Interpretation (last session)
- Because this is such a challenging time, we are offering two free online classes that you can work through at your own pace. You can register for these classes on our registrations page.
- Additionally, we will be offering one new course at no cost. This class will be fully online and new content will be available on the Wednesday of each week. The class will begin on Wednesday, April 8, and go for eight weeks (until Wednesday, May 27). You can register for this class on our registrations page.
Giving while we’re worshiping from home…
If you’re wondering how to give while we’re not in the building, there are basically, three very easy ways.
- First you can give online. Just go to our website and click “give” in the top right corner and follow the prompts.
- Second you can use our app. Once open, just tap the “give” tab in the lower right corner and follow the prompts.
- The third way is a little old-fashioned, but just as effective. You can mail a check to the church, by sending your check to: Canyon HIlls Community Church, 22027 17TH AVE. SE, Bothell, WA. 98021.
PLEASE REMAIN FAITHFUL
With many already experiencing or approaching unemployment, we need to be especially faithful in our tithes and offerings during this time. Many in our church are going to need us to be ready to step in with financial relief and assistance. The elders have agreed to cut back as many fixed expenses as possible, and to freeze all non-essential spending going forward, so we can have all the necessary resources available.
Want more Worship?
- Visit our Worship page for links to streaming sites where you can listen to albums and playlists created by our Worship Ministry. quick access to their Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Rewatch any Sunday service, which always begins with a time of worship, and participate, rather than spectate!
INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
- All counseling has resumed operation and meeting are held via digital format, beginning this week.
- NO COUNSELING IS TO TAKE PLACE ON CAMPUS.
- HOPE groups have resumed operation and are now meeting via digital format.
MARRIAGE AND PRE-MARRIAGE CLASSES
- The marriage class will resume with Week 6 teaching via Zoom. All documents will be uploaded to Google Classroom. Attendees will be contacted about how to participate.
- The pre-marriage class will be offered online through a non-interactive venue in which students will watch a pre-recorded video and fill out a short survey/questionnaire meant to determine if they watched the video or not.
For the next 8 Weeks: Follow the protocol from the previous week, with the possibility of changes made as events unfold.
- IT IS STILL A GO FOR NOW.
- We will assess and let everyone know if this changes.
- All Global Encounter Trips are either cancelled or postponed until June 1, 2020. Global Outreach will make a decision by mid-April for future trips this summer including Student and Adult trips.
- Trips currently being formed can be located at: Upcoming Global Encounter Trips
- The class “Live Sent” is cancelled.
- Secret Church that was to be hosted on Friday, April 24 is still on at this moment. We are gathering information about how you can watch the David Platt simulcast from home.
- All of our overseas Global Partners are being encouraged to follow the direction of their sending agency in regard to returning to the U.S. At this time all are being encouraged to stay in their host countries and love their neighbors.
- Please continue to support our Global Partners during this time through your prayers and financial support. This can be done easily on the GIVE menu item at the upper right of this page.