How can I help?
SERVING PROVIDES THOSE WHO ATTEND CANYON HILLS UNIQUE opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus serving at Canyon Hills. Are you ready to lend a hand and use your gifts to bless others? Look over our list of ways you can serve. Once you’ve found a ministry to help with simply click on the image to email a contact person and get started! Please be aware that in our current COVID phase, many of our serving options listed might not be available currently.
- PARKING LOT MINISTRY
Help facilitate traffic flow and be sure that everyone has a positive experience entering and exiting our campus.
- HOSPITALITY TEAM
Help serve those who are participating in the FIT Ministry by being a part of a hospitality team on Sunday mornings.
- WELCOME TEAM (Greeters and Ushers)
This team greets and ministers to everyone who enters our doors on Sunday morning from arrival to seating in sanctuary.
- INFORMATION CENTER
Help people before and after service with directions and answer questions about what is happening at church on Sunday mornings.
- Worship Band/Team
- Communion set up and clean-up.
Lights | Camera | Presentation
Video Production Team
Those with skills in
- Graphic Design
This team helps production of our Sunday morning services in the following areas:
- Camera Operators
- Video Switchers
- Lighting Techs
- Slide Presenters
- Audio Mixers
- Volunteer Teams: greeter, prayer, service and hospitality
- Special Events help
- MOPS; Moms serving in MOPS and mentor moms serving them.
(MOPS contact, Contact Shea at email@example.com)
- Fill-in receptionist
- Photocopy/special projects
- Sanctuary Stocking Team
We are looking for a few special people that would like to join our team. This ministry involves keeping our worship center chair pockets stocked with the items needed for Sunday Services. This involves a commitment of 1 to 2 hours per week during office hours Monday – Friday.
- Participation in an authentic biblical community through a Life Group
- Small Group Leader/Facilitator/Host Home
Experience “community” and build relationships as you join a local Life Group. You will hear it said, Life Groups are the life blood of CHCC. These groups exist to connect people in a biblical community so that no one stands alone. Training is available if you desire to lead/facilitate a group. We also will provide continued training opportunities and great resources for your group.
- Elementary | Preschool | Nursery
- Helpers- Assisting Teachers in all classes
- Special Needs-one on one assistant
- Room set-up/clean up
- Curriculum preparation (at CHCC or home)
- Quarterly Events or Summer Camps
We are looking for adults with a heart for children, the ability to communicate on a child’s level, a desire to care and nurture little ones with a fun loving attitude.
- Light building maintenance
A great way to serve as needed on helping keep the church clean and repaired. Some jobs will require good physical strength. Also opportunities to clean tables, clean windows, vacuum, and other tasks as needed.
Help keep our kitchens and coffee areas clean, orderly and restocked with supplies. . This involves a commitment of 1 to 2 hours per week during office hours Monday – Friday.
- Partner Care Team – cultivate CHCC’s relationship with and care of our global partnerships.
- Global Encounter Team – assist Global Outreach in leading Global Encounter Teams (prayer, promotion, training, logistics, etc.).
- Global Outreach Support Team – Assist and work behind the scenes with events and team logistics. Serving alongside administrative assistant.
- Care Net – providing life affirming options and support necessary for women with unplanned/crisis pregnancies.
Contact Cindy Petersen: 425-398-5820: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car Care Saturday – routine servicing the cars of single moms and widows (April & October).
Contact: Care@chccbw.org or 425-488-4121
- Home Care Saturday- providing handyman help to single mom’s, and those in need. (May)
Contact: Care@chccbw.org or 425-488-4121
- The Prisoners for Christ Bible Study Team at CHCC needs people to grade prisoners’ Bible studies. Basic Bible knowledge is all you need to pick up papers weekly at the Church, grade them and return them to the Church. Other opportunities include: taking the Gospel into prisons through local “In Prison” Ministry Teams, Pen Pal Ministry, and short-term teams to prisons around the world.
Contact Joyce Karmil: Joycek@chccbw.org.
- Special Events, Winter & Summer camps
- Student LifeGroups- evening discipleship small group leaders.(Wed-HS/Sun-MS)
- MSM-Middle School Sunday Worship and HSM-High School Worship at 11:30 am service
- Administrative-mailings and other small projects throughout the week
- Come along side students to encourage, listen, and to help mentor students towards becoming grounded in God’s word and serving others.
- Pastor’s Prayer Partners (Sunday morning, men only). This group of men meets Sunday mornings to pray before services.
- Prayer Chain (email or letter) this is a confidential, committed ministry that intercedes for the prayer needs of this church, the body of believers, and our leadership.