Update July 21, 2020:
A few more details about this Sunday’s first outdoor services.
Take a few minutes to listen to Pastor Dave’s update:
The lastest news:
To help you prepare for coming back and to know what to expect when you come, here are just a few details:
- Night of Worship and Sunday worship services will be held in our EAST PARKING LOT behind the church building. That’s the parking lot by our main entrance where we have hosted our summer concerts in the past.
- Wear a mask as they will be required for the entire service.
- Bring a lawn chair or something to sit in. If you bring a short lawn chair, we want to encourage you sit closer to the stage and those with standard height chairs to sit a little farther back. If you choose to stand, we want to ask you to do that behind others who are sitting. We will be encouraging everyone to spread out and keep a respectable distance from others who are attending.
- There will be no pre-registration for the outdoor services, but, to even out the number of people at each service, we are going to ask that, if, in the past, you normally attended church at 8am or 9:30am, that you attend the outdoor service at 9:30am. Or, if in the past, you normally attended the 11am service or 12:30pm service, we are going to ask you to attend the outdoor service at 11am.
- If you are sick or otherwise at risk, we want to encourage you to stay at home and watch the service online. You can watch either service live on YouTube or any time after 9:30.
- If, for any reason, it rains, the service will be filmed indoors live at 9:30am with no audience and posted online. The call to cancel the in-person services because of rain will be made by Saturday at noon and will be posted on our website.
- For these outdoor services, there will be no special programs for children or youth, no printed bulletins, no coffee, no communion, but don’t worry, there will be lots of great worship and good preaching.
- There will also be no offering passed. Everyone will be encouraged to give online, through our app, or through the mail like you have been doing these last few months.
- Finally, restrooms will be available for use off the main lobby of the building but, otherwise, we are going to ask everyone to stay out of the building.
Spanish translation is available at the 9:30 Service. It will be available online after 11am service.
Update July 14, 2020:
We have a big announcement about coming back to church.
Take a few minutes to listen to Pastor Steve’s update:
We were hoping to be in Phase 3 by this point, but as you are aware, that did not happen like we hoped for. So, in order to still meet in-person for church services, but also abide by government safety guidelines, we have outlined the following:
Starting Sunday, July 26, 2020:
- We are going to have outdoor services, at the church, in a setting similar to our Summer Concerts.
- We’re going to have an outdoor stage, sound system, and projection for sermon slides and song lyrics.
- We will have simple, acoustic-style worship.
- We will have live preaching.
- We will have 9:30am and 11:00am services (Live-streaming both on the Canyon Hills YouTube Channel).
- Nursery, preschool, elementary, kids, MSM, and HSM will not be available until we can all meet safely in the building together.
What we’re asking from you:
- If you’re feeling sick or under- the-weather, please stay home.
- If you’re vulnerable or at higher risk, please stay home.
- Wear a mask for the entire service.